9.18.2011

CAS-ual Fridays : mini cards!

This week's challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays was mini cards! Cute! The first thing that came to mind for me was a gift card holder. I started with a kraft cardstock base and inked the edges with Distress Ink walnut stain. I then sized a piece of cream paper and distressed the edges. This is actually the first time I tried my hand at distressing! I don't have an actual distressing tool, so I just used some sandpaper that was laying around. I stamped the root beer float image from Paper Smooches sugar rush set onto white cardstock, colored with Triart markers and cut it out. The root beer float is set with dimensional foam. The sentiment "celebrate" comes from the same set and I stamped it in the Distress Ink walnut stain. I finished off with some cream colored embroidery floss and red metallic embellies to match the straw in the image.




5 comments:

  1. Oh this is so cute! Great design. I love the stamps you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your gift card holder! Great colors and design. The distressing looks fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of when I was little and dad would take us to the rootbeer stand. Thanks for the good memories! Love your clean and simple card. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DARLING!!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect little creation for this challenge!! Yum! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! They are all greatly appreciated!